Call for Ideas
At Ferrero, quality comes first!
The product must be treated like a V.I.P..
For this reason the company takes care of the smallest details of its productions, starting from the research and using the best raw materials, up to the conservation of its products in order to make them reach the consumer as fresh as pastry.
Our product is always young, like our consumers, so the wardrobe needs to be always in fashion, also taking into account the new needs led by our market.
We need to care about its appearance, safety, health without forgetting the environment responsibility.
Consequently, we need to create a tailor-made suit.
Here begins our job: Ferrero wants to study the feasibility and the construction of a new sealing system to wrap chocolate-based food products, guaranteeing their conservation and containment.
The aim of the challenge is to realize a new system or process with the following basic characteristics:
- airtight packaging for the final product with respect to the external environment;
- cost of material and of the entire packaging system no higher than the current one;
- reliability of the system and repeatability of the final result (low waste and ability to work not at full capacity due in case of any unexpected stops);
- packaging temperature near the product studied not to heat the chocolate;
- cycle time and maximum cycle cost not higher than the current one;
- the process must be food grade guaranteed.
This activity will be recognized within your educational plan with 8 CFU credits.
Check your institutional email, look for ‘Challenge@PoliTo’ and read the regulation carefully.
SIGN UP NOW! Places are limited!
For any questions, write to firstname.lastname@example.org